The Kearny Park Fountain was dedicated on May 30, 1901. This fountain, a gift of the great local benefactor Mr. Charles Hackley to the people of Muskegon and dedicated to Phil Kearney, is made of cast iron and zinc. In time, as often happens to historic fountains, the pool was filled with soil to make a planter. The cast zinc figure at the top was removed and placed in a different fountain that also became a planter.
This project involved the complete disassembly of the iron fountain, the casting of new goat heads that spew water from the upper bowl, the return and restoration of the original zinc figure, Epoxy priming of all iron and coating with silicone alkyd black paint, provision of all stainless steel fasteners, and the forming of a new concrete pool within the cast iron exterior pool liner as originally designed.